I've been writing this blog for six months now. And it's time to tell you a bit about myself. That isn't specifically linked with being creative.
So here are 25 things that say something about who I am.
1. I love my Significant Other. He makes me laugh 'til I think I'm going to pop a rib. He sees who I really am. And helps me feel gorgeous, even when I'm festering in my dressing gown, and animals are bedding down for the night in my hair.
2. I think sausage sandwiches are sent from heaven.
3. I love vintage clothes and jewellery because every piece has a story to tell about the person who wore it first. I like to daydream about who they were and what they did.
I bought this postcard when I was a student.
Isn't she beautiful?
4. My favourite season is Spring.
5. I don't mind taking the plunge even when I'm scared stiff. Sometimes I need to do what I'm most afraid of to have peace of mind.
6. I love 1950's sequins, beads and silks. A girl can never have too much glamour.
7. I know that God gives me everything I need, even when I think it's not what I want.
8. I love high-heeled red shoes, and have to try them on each time I see a pair, even though I can't walk in them.
The red shoes I love but never wear
because I can't walk in them!
9. I think roses and peonies are completely beautiful.
10. I have a big ole crush on Johnny Depp.
11. I have a secret crush on Niles Crane from "Frasier".
12. I think Tokyo is the most fantastic city in the world. I lived there for five years and totally loved it.
13. My favourite smell is my cats' fur. It smells like warm biscuits.
Eric and Ernie chillin' on their cushion.
14. I have always wanted to be able to play the piano.
15. I started learning ballet when I was four. I stopped dancing when I was 28. When I was standing on pointes I felt weightless.
Picture courtesy of www.harrymmiller.com
16. I used to dream in Japanese when I was living in Japan and couldn't remember how to say any of it once I woke up.
17. I'm most proud of the fact that I travelled the world alone, but know now that home is the best place to be.
18. When my Significant Other, hugs me, I know how it feels to be loved.
19. I always put insects that come into my house out into the garden, as I wouldn't like someone squashing me with a tissue.
20. I'm really quick to laugh but find crying harder to do.
21. I don't know what I would do without books.
22. I write all the time but find it hard to show people what I've written. (That's changing since starting to write my blog...)
23. I talk to my car when I'm driving.
24. I think babies with moptops are gorgeous. They make me smile.
25. Although I occasionally go through the odd broody mood, I never really wanted children. I like my own company too much.