I haven't drawn like this since I was a child. And it's amazing to me to discover it feels exactly the same to me now as it did then.
My Favourite Thing On a Friday this week is getting lost in doodlings and my imagination again. Making myself smile by drawing what was in my mind when I was little and is still there!
Little Bliss List #7
- Lying on the sofa in my conservatory, reading a book, and falling asleep in the sun.
- Waking up to find a dove had wandered into the conservatory and was sitting on the sofa too.
- Having a moment of thinking exactly the same thing as a dove, at exactly the same second... "Good Gordon, what the...?"
- Finding myself in a wildlife situation I had never anticipated before.
- Realising with some disappointment that I wasn't a dove whisperer.
- Helping the dove find freedom by putting a blanket over it and lifting it gently into the garden.
- Watching the dove fly off, as relieved as me.
- Seeing the dove in my garden again this morning, totally undamaged by his close encounter with a startled woman.
I'm linking up with Live Lane again today. Pop by and read all the bliss lists, it will make your heart sing. If you want to link up with Favourite Thing On a Friday, just add your blog post to the link tool below. I'll leave it open till Sunday evening!
I hope you're wearing your best stripey tights and smiling the biggest of smiles.