(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake

I've been reading "Succulent Wild Woman: Dancing With Your Wonder-Full Self" by Sark.

It's a book all about being fabulous.

It's very optimistic.  It makes me want to run about outside butt-naked, with a cocktail, a big ole hat, and an attitude. 

Don't panic.  I won't.  It's a bit nippy out there this time of year.   

In the book Sark writes about a friend of hers, Michelle, who said:

"I eat cake for breakfast.  I know I'm going to want it all day anyway, so I just start with it."

I like that way of thinking.

My nana always used to say, "A little bit of what you fancy does you good."  Before she put a nip of whisky in her tea.

It can get a bit gloomy in January.  It can feel like Spring is never going to arrive.  So I recommend you find a copy of Sark's book "Succulent Wild Woman", and sit down to read it with a plate of cake.  Or have a little bit of what you fancy.

I'm going to... 



It works for me every time.

11 comments

  1. great post, thanks darling, very good to start the day!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, great Post. Cabin fever is starting to set in. Let's hope the groundhog has good news for us. I'll have to check out that book, thanks for sharing.

    Happy Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I'm totally going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me want to run about outside butt-naked, with a cocktail, a big ole hat, and an attitude

    Absolutely you should. Just make sure you post some pictures.

    They can be tasteful - silhoutted butt and hat in the moonlight, but we want proof... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must check out the book. Must make the cookies I've been obsessing about all morning.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this.

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post! For a long time, the only thing I could reliably make was cupcakes. :)

    I so want to read this book now.

    I'm supposed to be working on the top ten Greek writers, (Herodotus, Euripides, Hippocrates, Plato, Aristotle, Euclid, Blah, Blah,) but they didn't eat cupcakes.

    Your Nana would rather I read this book first, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love that saying! my son and his wife had cupcakes as their wedding cake last year!!!xlynda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your lovely comments. I have received quite a lot of encouragement from friends to have a go at going outside as nature intended. I will give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, so it's September for me, not January, but it may as well be. I absolutely ADORE cake (I've taken to stalking it on all the social networks). Lovely blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is exactly what I needed - cupcakes and kitties!! Bliss !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig