(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

Stitching and Bitching

For the past wee while I've been stitching and bitching.


Stitching:  Trying to make my supersized, cartoonesque knitting needles do exactly what Debbie Stoller tells me they should be doing in her book, "Stitch 'N Bitch:  The Knitter's Handbook".


Bitching:  Because my supersized, cartoonesque knitting needles won't do what Debbie Stoller authoratively informs me they could be doing.  My needles seem to be a little wilful.  One of them likes to throw itself dramatically to the floor. The other one drops stitches, picks up extra stitches I, frankly, don't need, and invents knots and stitches that have never been invented before...  I'm having a bit of bother getting the blighters under control.


Not one to be foiled by unruly tools, and, after unravelling the same piece of knitting so many times I think we could be into double figures, I've managed to produce two pieces that I'm proud to call my own.

Ooh, if I know you, you probably shouldn't peek.  There's a chance you'll be getting one of these as your Christmas present.
So, now I've learned how to knit moss stitch, or seed stitch as it's known in the States, and rib stitch.  Both of these pieces will be magically transformed into stylish neck warmers with the help of a couple of sassy vintage buttons.
I was also given some beautiful vintage mohair wool for a birthday present from my lovely friend, Ange.  It's a very fine wool, in a gorgeous shade of the palest pink.  I fancy seeing if I can knit a neck warmer in a very loose, almost fish net, style.  I'm not sure if I have enough wool, but will be all over it in a knitting frenzy for the next few days, so you shouldn't have to wait too long to see how things turn out!
For more information about Debbie Stoller and her range of knitting and crocheting handbooks, you can visit http://www.knithappens.com/

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig