(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

Something For You

If you're anything like me, you love a good quote (and ready salted crisps, red shoes, and a cheeky splash of gin).  I find quotes an inspirational pick-me-up when the heart is flagging.  Do you know what I mean?

I have a notebook that was given to me as a gift.  It's really beautiful.  When I cracked it out to be used, I didn't want to just scribble in it.  It seemed too pretty to deface with my ill-written phone messages, to-do-but-I'll-avoid-doing-you-for-a-while-if-I-can-get-away-with-it lists, and my attempts at mental maths gone wrong.  So I decided there and then I was going to fill it with inspirational quotes I found. This was BP. Before Pinterest.

Anyhoo, I like a good quote.  There are three quotes that have stayed with me.  They aren't from famous people, they were said to me by someone I care about.  My friend Nomi.

I know that when I feel lost and a tad bewildered by life, I can blurt it all out, and Nomi will get straight to the truth of things.  Last year, at a time when I was feeling particularly astonished by life, a cat caught in the headlights, miaowing "Panic!", my metaphorical fur on fire, I wrote to her. A few days later, I received the most beautiful message full of love and inspiration.  You can read about it in a post I wrote called, Love .

There were three things she said to me in that message that I've been saying to myself ever since.  (I was reminded of one of them by a lovely blogging friend in their comment on Tuesday's post.)   I have them written on post-its in my house, and I also have them here on my blog.  Just to remind me in case I forget.  Which I do.  All the time.

So, I made them into blog buttons for you.  It occurred to me that these words might mean as much to you as they do to me and that it might be nice for you to be able to put them on your blog.  So you can be reminded that it's important to...




Photobucket









Photobucket






And never forget that...



Photobucket






Please feel very free to sprinkle some glitter on your blog and take a button.  Do you have a favourite quote?


14 comments

  1. I love this! What a fabulous idea and yes I love quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely, positive words.
    I've only just had time to read Tuesday's post and it blew me away. You are such an inspiring and positive person. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely, positive words.
    I've only just had time to read Tuesday's post and it blew me away. You are such an inspiring and positive person. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quotes and buttons, Emma! I think Be Gentle with Yourself spoke to me today. I'll take that one. Thanks!
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make such lovely buttons! May I ask how you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quotes and an even more lovely friend :)
    My favourite quote "This too shall pass," is often a great source of comfort and something my mom always said to me growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma love the buttons. Just lovely. My favorite quote is from William James "Be Not Afraid of Life. Believe that life is worth living and this believe will help create the fact."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I love quotes. You buttons are amazing. I especially love “be gentle with yourself”. I am going to post this one on my bathroom mirror.

    Thanks for your inspiration.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very wise words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your buttons and quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful, inspirational quotes Emma...I love the 'be gentle with yourself'...I think we all need to do that now and again, don't we?
    Keep warm and cosy,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Em,you are the sweetest...gorgoeus little buttons.i shall defo grab one. Thankyou! And can I just say (without sounding too wierd) that you may have felt like you were nekked putting yourself out there with your heart touching words, but in my mind you'll always be wearing a mahoooosive ring and those gorgeous wee red slippers :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great love the idea of having a constant reminder on our blog that we are worth it!

    My favorite one is "you are enough"

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig