(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

Favourite Thing On A Friday - It's Finished, It's Finished! - Little Bliss List #3

Photobucket

After a staggering 14 months of some of the slowest knitting recorded by womankind, I have finally finished my knitted patchwork blanket!



 


My knitting challenge began in December 2010.  Over the course of the past 14 months, I have been working on a knitted square, finishing a knitted square and storing each square in a bag.  I rarely counted how many I had made, and slowly plodded on with a big smile on my face, thinking about how fab my finished blanket would be.  It's sweeping dimensions.  It's broad expanse of woolly loveliness.   





Photobucket

When it hit the one year anniversary of me starting my knitted blanket adventure at the end of December 2011, I decided that surely I must have enough squares to make a blanket big enough to cover at least my double bed.  Or to drape casually across my sofa and stroke lovingly.  A blanket big enough to wrap around friends as they walked through the door, followed with "I knitted that you know".



Photobucket



So, I tipped out the bag of squares and laid them out on the dining table.  Corner to corner.

And found I had a blanket the size of a bath towel.





Photobucket

It didn't actually hit the corners of my very small dining table.  It was one of those comedy moments that I love.  I had spent a year slowly knitting the world's smallest patchwork blanket.





Photobucket


I showed it to Steve.  "Ooh, it's lovely.  Did you only want a lap blanket?"  He suggested crocheting a foot wide edging around it.  "Just keep going round and round until your blanket is actually the size you want."

Which is pretty much what I've done.





Photobucket

So my Favourite Thing On a Friday this week is my bath-towel sized knitted blanket, complete with wide crochet edging and woolly crochet flowers.





Photobucket




Photobucket


It's a bit wobbly, a bit wonky.  A tad smaller than I anticipated.  But I love my woolly knitted patchwork blanket.





Photobucket


Here's my Little Bliss List #3


  • Finishing my knitted woolly blanket.  (See above)
  • Snuggling under my knitted woolly blanket. (See above)
  • Showing my knitted woolly blanket to whoever walked through my front door this week. (See above)
  • Watching "Breakfast at Tiffany's" on St. Valentine's day, with Steve.
  • Receiving a beautiful card and box of my favourite chocolates from Steve on St.Valentine's day. And then eating a meal he cooked for me.
  • Finding some things I wanted to give to people I love and wrapping them up ready to give them.
  • Eating hot, fresh chicken soup that my mum had made for me and brought over.
  • Liv Lane's inspirational guidance

I hope you've had a wonderful week and look forward to seeing what your favourite things are this week. Link up at the bottom of this post if you want us to all come over and share your gorgeousness.  I'm also linking up with Liv Lane's Little Bliss List, so feel very welcome to link up there too.   


P.S. This blanket is my monthly make for February!

31 comments

  1. Bravo! It's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blanket and the colours too! Well done, I can only knit holes! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma it's just lovely! It'll look gorgeous casually strewn across the food of a bed or something, love the flowers!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, I love your blanket. It looks so snuggly which makes it purrrrrfect! :D :D Breakfast at Tiffany's ... one of my favorites and you can't beat homemade chicken soup! Wishing you a bliss filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma I love your blog, and especially your blanket and the flowers all so lovely. I have a very similar story lately with one afghan I'm trying to finish... that I think may just take me another year to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh ... it'd make a good baby blanket if the wool isn't too itchy (if you ever needed a shower gift and were willing to part with it?) I love finishing a knitting project! I have too many unfinished ones sitting around just now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I have so many pending knitting projects to finish. This makes me happy to see. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it was worth persevering, the blanket looks lovely! Steve's idea was a good one (he's obviously a keeper!) Well done you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. aahhh well done you its really lovely ;-)) I love the flowers on it makes it look really pretty. Enjoy snuggling underneath it and have a lovely weekend to. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's absolutely lovely!! No matter that it took so long, you completed it and should be very proud. It certainly sounds like you had a wonderful week :) I like this idea and may copy it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...but what a beautiful lap blanket it is :)
    Thanks for sharing your list. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's truly beautiful! Such gorgeous colours, and love the little flowery embellishments too - clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks beautifully soft and I hope it keeps you cosy. Well done for finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It takes a long time to make a blanket. I made one once many many eons ago and still have it. I knitted a ski dress which has boarders on the sleeves, the skirt and around the neck in a black wool with embroidery embellishments. I am still working on the embroidery part. The knitting part was a snap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your banner makes me giddy every time I see it. The colors are lovely!!
    I can see now why your blanky is such colors. It is spectacular; looks warm too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! Much better than a big old clunky thing you'd trip over as you lugged it around. Bravo! xo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. A blissful week where it's all about the blanket, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can see why you love your blanket so much! It looks full of time, patience, care and love!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh thats so pretty! I saw a patchwork bag on Etsy made from sweaters and I thought it was lovely. Your blanket is so much prettier. I love knitted patchwork and those flowers on the blanket are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blanket - whimsical and the colors - adore!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm loving all that gorgeous woolly goodness Emma...Well done and you have entertained me too....I've been smiling all the way through this post.....those colours are so pretty!
    Ooh, I love 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'...one of my all time favourite films...nothing better than watching it along with a nice box of chocolates and some good company....
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. That blanket is an absolute triumph, you are such a talented lady, Em! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it. those little flowers are gorgeous. And surely its the perfect size for snuggling under on the sofa?!?!?
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wooow the blanket looks absolutely gorgeous!!
    So sooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. All good things come in small packages you know! Its stunning, lovely colour combo, well done you! Impressed with hubby's contribution too ;o) Lolo xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a lovely blanket! As I replied to your comment on my blog, I would LOVE to cozy up under it with our cold and rainy weather. You should be so proud for pushing through your epic journey--it was definitely worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your blanket - such pretty colours. You must be so proud to have finished it - what an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your blanket is made up of some of my favourite colours! It is so very pretty and I congratulate you on completing it dear Glitter Lady!

    I recall you liking the illustrations to a book by Miss Clara a French paper artist. I am having a giveaway and one of the gifts is a beautiful book by her. I thought you might want to know.

    Stephanie

    ps Miss you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your knitted blanket is so soft and pretty. These are all my favorite colors. My sister knits and crochets, and I have always thought it was such a talent when one knows how to. You did a wonderful job. Have a good week.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! i love that 'i made this, i actually made this!' feeling along with that 'it's so imperfect, it's perfect, i love it!' feeling, enjoy your blanket it's just awesome! Cate, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig