(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

Favourite Thing On A Friday - A Story



Photobucket


Hello.  I can't believe how quickly these Fridays whip round again, can you?  I love it that each week I get to choose what's been my favourite thing.  

This week my Favourite Thing On A Friday has to be the story that Kim from the blog Ramblings of the Bearded One  wrote in my comments section yesterday, in response to my post about loving your body.

I felt quite moved as I read Kim's comment, and wanted to share with you the story Kim shared with me.

Here it is...

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life.

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." 

He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed." 
 
Thank you Kim for taking the time to share this with me.   If you haven't already come across Kim's blog, I highly recommend you taking a visit.  Thank you everyone for all your beautiful comments on yesterday's post. You have completely blown me away...


If you fancy joining in with Favourite Thing On A Friday, just link up at the end of this post.  Bob's your uncle. I'll be over soon. 


Happy Friday.
Sending glitter and smiles, 



16 comments

  1. What a wonderful and thought provoking story told by Kim - and so true.
    Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful weekend
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Have a happy weekend, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! just what we all need on a Friday - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy friday ,lovely words on your post ,love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a large postcard somewhere with a very similar story on the front. One of my favourites and very true!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks Em! So glad it meant something to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful story and a real lesson to keep with us. Have a lovely weekend i can't believe how fast Friday has come around again either. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats such a great little story :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's feed the joy!
    Have a lovely weekend, Em! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats wonderful
    Karlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this Em......
    I went to an exhibition of the Black Foot Indians a few years ago and was so inspired by their wisdom...
    Hope you have a great weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaah wise wise words and a lovely reminder.Thanks Em. Hope your having a sunny crisp weekend.
    ps (just realised what I've written and given your love of crisps seems even funnier!)xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that story. And yes I remember charles and di's wedding but sadly they didn't have a street party where I lived. I did love that we got the day off school and sat and watched it with my sister. Twas magical. Lolo xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Emma! I've had such an ANGRY day and now I'm laughing at my self!!!! Thanks for this reminder - it's a similar sentiment to one of my favorite Jewel lyrics - 'no longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from' Anyway, I've done my post on my Mum's jewelry - take a look and let me know if the images are suitable for a guest post. Your blog is so bright and beautiful, I don't mind whatever you decide! Hope you are really well, Nadya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Em! Some wise words there. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig