(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

Beautiful Words and New Designs

 



For a while now I've been wanting to change the format and design of my blog.  Not because I don't love the format I currently have, which is from Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates ( a wonderful site which offers a whole host of beautiful goodies for your blog), but because I want my blog to better reflect what I'm writing about now.  Less baking, more jewellery.  

I sat and chewed my lip a bit, wondered about whether I should ask a blog designer to do it for me, had a talk with myself (not in a scary thinking there was another person in the room way, but in a "you can do this, you're a smart woman" and "my, your hair's looking sassy today" kind of  way) and then embraced my gung-ho attitude and ended with "Come on Em, let's have a go!".  The Advanced Editor feature on Blogger is brilliant!

So, I've set up another blog where I can run amok in the html without running the risk of deleting every post written over the past two years and then beating my chest and sobbing over the keyboard as I watch my blog disappear.

And even if I say so myself, it's not too shabby.  I'm not a blog designer and it's a simple format but it's a bit ring-a-ding ruddy lovely.

The only problem I have now is transferring the new design from the temporary blog over the format I currently have here.  I'm not brilliant at doing this, and because my current format isn't a template offered by blogger, I run the risk of ending up with a mix of old blog design and new blog design, all melded together like some kind of blogging Frankenstein horror creation.

I am waiting on a little technical help with this.  The last time I tried to do it myself, I had a few, ahem, problems.  It was as if I'd gone out and left the key in the blog door and vandals got in and trashed my blog.  Only, I'd done it myself.  Live it, learn it.  I am staying away from my html. 

Although I'm a little bit sad to be saying goodbye to my fairy cakes.  So to speak.  I'm looking forward to being able to display the jewellery I've made more prominently on my blog, so that when people come to take a peek, they don't get confused and think I'm slamming out the cupcakes.

So, thank you Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates for giving me two years of a beautifully designed blog.  I've thoroughly enjoyed my fairy cake header and the rich deep colours.  But it's on to blogging pastures new.

I'm not sure exactly when I'll be making the transfer but am pretty sure it will be some time during the next week, after having a stiff pint of gin or three, and taking a few deep breaths to calm the nerves.  (Who am I kidding?  Gin?  I'll be chomping my way through a jumbo bag of the old Ready Salted to steady my hand.)

Wish me luck. 





 




P.S.  Thank you to everyone who's entered the giveaway, and for your lovely comments about reaching 200 followers.  You're ace.  Em x

12 comments

  1. Good luck! I do love the fairy cake photo but you're right, your blog should display jewellery more prominently. I mean, it is your forte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know how it goes, Em! Very much hoping it doesn't prove too complicated as I'd like to alter my own too :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Em! I tried to change the layout of my blog too, but found it difficult. I do not know enough of html codes and lacked the time to read books about it. I hope you will succeed! Looking forward to see the final result.

    Lieve groet, Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exiciting having a new blog design ,well done on having a go yourself and looking forward to seeing the results :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the redesign, Em! It scares me to death messing with anything like that. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I can't wait to see how it comes out. I did all mine through Shabbyblogs and it was easy, but I can't remember how I did it now. I wanted my cardmaking blog to reflect the real me and didn't realise how much I'd done so until about a week later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck hun, enjoy yourself! I am a bit rubbish at anything techi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure it will look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the change.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the new look Em. I'm always tweeking around with mine, bit like me home lol! Lolo xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig