(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

I'm Still Tittering Now

Last night I had a quiet evening to myself and thought I'd see if I could dig up that old video I was telling you about here yesterday.  The one with Ewan McGregor advertising Nova Intercultural Institute on Japanese tv in the 90's.  I have looked all over the world wide web (no, I don't have too much time on my hands) and can find no reference to it at all.  I know I didn't imagine it.  I remember quite clearly, it was 1995, I was having a ball living in Japan, I turned on the tv after work and suddenly found myself  having to do something akin to the Heimlich manoeuvre to dislodge the noodles I spontaneously inhaled as I watched Ewan undertaking some very questionable acting.

Ewan still seems to have been at it in 2002, as this ad will testify.  Only by 2002 he was advertising for Aeon, a different English language school in Japan and Nova's main competitor.

See for yourselves...






There are no words.

And, if that wasn't enough to curdle the milk in your coffee this afternoon, there's more...






Those were my exact words on witnessing this advert for the first time.
Oh my God.
Closely followed by...
Why Ewan?  Why?

I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed finding these treasures.  If you want to see more go to japander.com, a site dedicated to show-casing the ads made by American and British actors, which are not shown outside Japan.  It's a fun way to spend a few minutes.  Who am I kidding, I was on there for hours, tittering into my coffee.

6 comments

  1. He he, good work! You, that is, not Ewan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank for you sweet comment :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewan is so HOT!
    thanks for sharing!

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahaha! Brilliant. I fancied Ewan to death in Trainspotting but hated him in The Long Way Round, he's such a wet lettuce in real life, shame 'cos he's gorgeous to look at. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't matter what he does, he's always really nice to look at... :o)

    P.S.: Very jealous that you got to live in Japan for some time!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig