(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

Share Your Sparkle!

The sun's been out.  I've been chillaxing.  And day-dreaming.  And once again I've had an idea.

There's no holding me back.

You know how much I love jewellery?  And how much I love making jewellery?  Talking about jewellery?  And generally looking at anything shiny and sparkly?

I am fascinated by jewellery, and jewellery designs.  But I'm also fascinated with the emotions behind jewellery.

I don't know any woman who doesn't have a jewellery box.  Or own at least one piece of jewellery that is somehow and for some very important reason, very close to her heart.

I also know men who treasure and collect watches, and have never taken off their wedding ring.

We all seem to have an attachment in some way to a piece of jewellery.

I would love to know what treasures and sparkly pieces of jewellery you hold dear. 

I'd love to know more about the pieces of jewellery that make you feel fabulous when you wear them.  That you can't leave the house without.  The pieces that you've had for years and that you just adore.

So, I'd like to invite you to do a guest blog post here on Mimi and Tilly, if you'd like to.

I've decided to call it...



Photobucket



Once a month, or so, I'd like to have a guest blogger, who shares one or two pieces of their favourite jewellery.  Explaining why it's so special.  Your sparkly treasure doesn't need to be valuable in a monetary sense.  You can share costume jewellery, silver jewellery, vintage jewellery, or an heirloom.  You can share your rings, earrings, necklaces.  If you have a piece of glitter that you love, that you couldn't part with, Mimi and Tilly would love to know about it!

All you'd have to do to take part, is photograph your chosen piece/pieces, so that I have a good ole selection of jewellery shots to share here, and then explain why the pieces are so special to you.  Tell us the story of your piece of jewellery.  I'll then post your "Share Your Sparkle!" blog post here on Mimi and Tilly, with links back to your blog.

If you're interested in taking the lid off your jewellery box and letting us take a peek at one or two chosen pieces inside, let me know in your comment at the end of this post or contact me by email.  

Ooh, ooh, I'm so excited!

A look at people's glittery treasures.

Heaven.






5 comments

  1. What a great Idea,mine would definitely be my wedding ring,I'ts the only peice of jewellery that I NEVER TAKE OFF,It was also my mother's wedding ring,so is very precious to me xx Manda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I have a very fave necklace, nothing flashy just plain ol silver but it is one I always ending up turning to and it's flexible in style. Lolo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea!

    My treasure is my engagement ring which my late father-in-law dug up in our garden back in the 70s!
    When Ted proposed we were SOOOOOOOOOOO hard-up for funds and he told me about the ring and asked if I'd like it.
    It's a really dark amethyst in an Art Deco setting and its probably my most treasured love- apart from the man himself of course!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Em! I have a couple of pieces that are of sentimental value only. It's funny how it's things like this that are real "treasures" to us.

    Happy weekend and hope you are feeling much better now, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Em,

    What a lovely idea! I am not sure if I can find the time to make a quest post. I will try :-)!!!

    Happy new week,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig