(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

Favourite Thing On A Friday - Woolly Love

I have a passion for yarns and wools.  I love the textures and colours.  And this week I decided to fulfill a long-held ambition to crochet a flower and a heart.

Simple ambitions. Huge pleasure.

When I started writing this blog in 2009, I would flick through books of crochet patterns, and sigh at all the pretty things I found there.  But I couldn't crochet at the time and so would flick through the books again and sigh a bit more.

Being the kind of gal who doesn't like to say "I can't" and prefers to say "I can't yet, but there's no reason why I shouldn't...", I decided that the time had come to stop fandangling around.  To live a little.  Fly by the seat of my big-girl pants.  (I had a friend who adopted this gung-ho attitude at a barbecue once and decided to try his hand at fire-breathing.  Did.Not.Go.Well.  Oh, don't worry he was fine.  But he did manage to set his pants on fire.  And not in a good way.)

My very patient friend, Jill, taught me how to crochet granny squares earlier this year, and gave me the basic pattern for the flower, (thank you Jill), and the heart pattern was from a video tutorial that I found here on Youtube.  I even managed to alter it a bit to add my own edging.  Fancy.

So, this week, I have two Favourite Things On a Friday...

A crochet flower and some crochet hearts I made.

Prepare yourselves for some serious wool worship...














I used this beautiful, soft pink, vintage wool to make my corsage, and a vintage 1920's mother-of-pearl button for the centre.  This rose has become a corsage pinned to my 1950's style cardie.  I'm good to go.

Now, for a heart to heart... 












These little heart-breakers are going to be a garland to hang in my bedroom.

It's been a good week in my neck of the woods, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've been up to.

Link up below to join in with Favourite Thing On a Friday, if you'd like to.

  • Link to your blog post showing your favourite thing this week.
  • Show a link back to Mimi and Tilly's Favourite Thing On a Friday post on your blog post.

That way we get to hop, skip and jump around to see each others' favourite things.  I'll be with you in a jiffy.









P.S.  Although you couldn't make it up, that fire-breathing story is all true.
P.P.S.  I'm not advocating fire-breathing in any way, shape or form.  Or setting yourself on fire.  Unless we're talking in euphemisms, and when you say "I am on fire!", you're not actually calling for help, but are extolling the virtues of something fantabulous you've done.  In which case, go for your life.


17 comments

  1. I've just started reading your blog and wanted to say hello! That rose is so lovely, and thanks for linking the tutorial for the heart they're so cute.
    Karlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, i love the flower and i love the colors of the hearts;

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome! I haven't tried learning crochet but I want too. That fire breathing story is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh wooolly worship...always love a bit of that! :) What beautiful colours, gentle petals and a vibrant heart..aaah a lovely description of you too :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am a new reader and the pink crocheted rose is to die for! absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! thanks for sharing! andrea -- family and doxies (heaven and earth)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love the flower so pretty and delicate. You've used the perfect yarn for that. The hearts are fab too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented, Em! I love the fluffiness of the first ones but the brightness of the second wins my heart! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, your photo skills are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to cuddle up in that soft pink corsage. It's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That heart garland is going to look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you crochet flower is beautiful, lovely color, so romantic looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done! I was desperate to learn crochet too - I can also make squares, hearts and flowers. Well, I could, but I seem to be having problems with the hearts again. Yours are very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Em!...the pink vintage wool is so delicate....and the photographs are so pretty....once again I have crochet envy....
    Wishing you a lovely weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are so beautiful!!! I really want to learn how to crochet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, fabulous crochet flower... the wool makes the flower look so delicate! Those hearts will definitely make a very cute garland too!!

    Happy hooking :)

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously pretty flower, mrs! All fluffy and wispy and girly and looks like it could float away if you blew on it.
    I keep meaning to try crocheting hearts but with the 2400000 projects I have on the go I never find time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig